When we disclose your personal data
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal data to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services.
This means we might share your information with:
- Our service providers, contractors, and professional advisers who help us provide our products and services. This includes partner companies, organizations, or agencies, and their sub-contractors. For example, our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our pre- and post-sales hotline operations;
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates with whom you have also signed-up with. We do so only for the improvement of each other’s legitimate business and operations. For example, we share information with each other about your usage profile so that we can create new offers that bundle our products and services into a single subscription;
- Other companies to whom you have also given consent for us to share your information with. For example, when you sign-up for products and services offered by other companies, they may request for information from us in order for them to validate your identity; and
- Law enforcement and government agencies, but only when required by laws and regulations and other lawful orders and processes.
In these cases, we ensure that your personal data is disclosed on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and only in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. We will never share, rent, or sell your personal data to third parties outside of PLDT, except in special circumstances where you may have given your consent for, and as described in this statement.
For a list of our partners, please visit https://pldthome.com/privacy-policy-partners.
How we protect your personal data
The integrity, confidentiality, and security of your personal data are important to us. That’s why we strictly enforce our privacy statement within PLDT and have implemented technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized or fraudulent access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, and other unlawful activities. These are also designed to protect your information from other natural and human dangers.
We also put in effect the following safeguards:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We keep your information only for as long as necessary for us to (a) provide the products and services that you avail from us, (b) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with applicable laws, and (d) for special cases that will require the exercise or defense of legal claims, and for a maximum retention period of 12 years after termination;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who are trained to handle your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audits and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your information is always protected;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal data that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person; and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173). You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data.
- Request a rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data corrected if it is found to be outdated, inaccurate, or incomplete.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, such as in cases where your personal data is no longer necessary to achieve the legitimate business purpose of its use or processing.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy of personal data that you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format). This includes requests for us to transmit a copy of such personal data to another company, on your behalf.
You moreover have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, such as in cases when we process your personal data for purposes related to direct marketing.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below, or by accessing https://my.pldthome.com. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out before you withdrew your consent or PLDT’s right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent. If, however, we have not provided you with another legal basis justifying the processing of your personal data in this privacy statement, we will stop the processing and delete your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal data.
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to come to PLDT first to seek resolution of any complaint. You have the right at all times to register a complaint directly with the National Privacy Commission or to make a claim against us with a competent court (either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data privacy law has been infringed).
PLDT Group Data Privacy Office
Ramon Cojuangco Building, Makati Avenue, Makati City 1200 Philippines
PLDT Home Data Privacy Officer
Ramon Cojuangco Building, Makati Avenue, Makati City 1200 Philippines
Changes to our privacy statement
From time to time, we may update our privacy statement and practices to comply with changes in applicable laws, to comply with government and regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies and protocols, to align with industry best practices, and for business purposes.
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.
This Privacy Statement is effective September 09, 2019