PLDT, Inc. (“PLDT”) respects your fundamental right to privacy and we commit to take great care in safeguarding your personal data. As you join and participate in this specific PLDT Home Biz promo (the “Promo”), and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act, we share with you the principles that govern how your personal data will be collected, processed, and shared.
Why we collect and process your personal data
When we process your personal data, we do so under the legal bases and the purpose set for our regular processing of new PLDT Home applications that can be found in this link
On top of the mentioned purposes in the above data privacy notice link, your personal data shared in the application would also be processed to validate your eligibility to the promo and to distribute the vouchers to your registered mobile number. All PLDT Home Biz customers who applied in our retail channels within the promo period shall be eligible to participate.
Details such as Mobile Number and Plan type shall be extracted from your application details and will be used for the following:
- To load and generate your entry. Your details will be used to validate your eligibility to the promo.
- To deliver free voucher. You shall be notified through SMS should you be eligible and wish to participate.
Should you wish to be excluded from the raffle promo, you may inform our store personnel or you may send your request via Twitter DM (@PLDThome) Facebook PM (@PLDThome), PLDT Hotline 171, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Why your personal data is shared
As part of the raffle promo, we are required to share your personal data to the following:
- AMDOCS Philippines, our accredited third-party IT Vendor, will facilitate the voucher distribution where your personal data will be processed in order to deliver the voucher codes to your registered mobile number.
When your personal data is shared, we ensure that it is done on a confidential basis, through secure channels, and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. Only personnel with a need-to-know will have access to your personal data.
How your personal data is protected
The integrity, confidentiality, and security of your personal data is important to us. This is why we strictly enforce this Privacy Notice within PLDT and have implemented technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized or fraudulent access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, and other unlawful activities. Your data is also protected from other natural and human dangers. Our service providers must likewise comply with our technical, organizational, or physical security requirements, as may be applicable.
Your personal data will be kept in our records from the promo duration until the voucher expires, and for a maximum of sixty (60) days after. After said period, your personal data will be securely deleted.
Your rights and choices
The Data Privacy Act gives you certain rights to your personal data. Subject to exceptions under the law, you are entitled to request:
- Access to the personal data we process about you;
- Rectification of your personal data if it is found to be outdated, inaccurate, or incomplete;
- Erasure of your personal data in cases where it is no longer needed to achieve the legitimate purpose of its processing;
- Restriction of processing of your personal data in limited circumstances;
- Portability of your personal data so that you may receive a copy thereof or that we transmit the same to another company on your behalf.
Depending on the circumstances, such as when we process your personal data based on your consent, you may also have the right to object to the processing thereof. If you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated by joining this promo we encourage you to contact PLDT’s Data Privacy Officer to seek resolution of your complaint. You also have the right to go directly to the National Privacy Commission or to make a claim against PLDT before a competent court.
To exercise any of your rights, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through firstname.lastname@example.org.