To help ease the financial burden of its customers during the COVID crisis, PLDT Inc. and Smart Communications will start implementing on May 1 a 6-month installment payment program for the outstanding monthly bills of its postpaid subscribers.
"We hope that through this payment program, we will help keep you connected whether you are at home, the office or elsewhere after the enhanced community quarantine period. As one community, we will get through these challenging times together," said Manuel V. Pangilinan, PLDT Inc. Chairman and CEO.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I track my charges?
You can track your bills and payments through the MyPLDT-Smart App.
2. If the payment extension is over, will I have to pay for 2 months?
After the payment extension, we will send you your bill reflecting the first installment amount due. This will cover all outstanding balance as of April 30, 2020, equally divided in 6 months with no added interest or penalties for late payment.
3. I missed payment in one of the installment periods. What happens to my account?
Missed payments in any of the installment periods will go through the normal collection process. We encourage you to settle your bill in full on or before the due date to ensure continuous service.
4. Do I need to enroll to avail of deferred payment?
No, you do not need to enroll. All postpaid PLDT Home accounts are eligible for the 6 months installment program with no interest and late payment charges.
5. I do not want to avail of the deferred payment scheme. Can I pay my bills in full?
Yes, you may pay your outstanding balance in full. You may pay in any of our online payment channels at home.
6. I want to complete paying my bill for a shorter period. Do you have other installment schemes?
All postpaid accounts will be automatically enrolled for the 6 months installment scheme. If you wish to complete payment earlier, you may pay more than the amount due for the month.
7. I cannot pay the total amount for the installment period. Will my internet service get restricted?
Payments received less than the amount due may result to the temporary restriction of your internet service. We encourage you to pay the amount due in full to ensure continuous service.