myHome is committed to providing the Subscriber with the highest levels of customer service, and this includes protecting the Customer’s privacy.
- The Subscriber shall be required to provide certain information to myHome in order to access the Site and avail of the Services therein.
Information Collection and Usage
- Non-Personal and Aggregated Information. myHome shall automatically log in general data about the Subscriber which will allow myHome to continually monitor and improve the Site.
- Definition. Cookies are files that are transferred from a Web site to the user’s computer’s hard drive that contain certain information such as the User ID, user preferences, the pages the user has visited, and the activities the user performed while using the Site.
- myHome shall automatically track and collect the following categories of information when Customers visit the Site: IP addresses, domain servers, types of computers accessing the Site, types of web browsers used to access the Site, referring source which may have sent the Subscriber to the Site, and other information associated with the interaction of the Customer’s browser and the Site (“Traffic Data”).
- myHome undertakes not to link information from the Traffic Data to the Personal Information without the Customer’s permission.
- Personal Information.
- As a user of the Site, certain personal information shall be required by myHome prior to the grant of a User ID which shall be the Customer’s means of accessing and availing of the Services therein. The personal information shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following: name, date of birth, previous and current mailing addresses, telephone number/s, mobile phone number/s, email address, credit card details, employer, occupation/position, marital status, birth date, and myHome account number/s.
- The personal information myHome obtains from the Subscriber may be used to verify the Customer’s identity; assist the Subscriber in subscribing to the Services available on the Site; provide the Services required by the Customer; administer and manage the Services provided, including charging, billing and collecting debts; Inform the Subscriber of ways the Services provided could be improved; conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud; research improvements and further develop the Services; gain an understanding of the Customer’s telecommunication needs in order for myHome to provide the Customer with better Services; and maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
- Any time the Subscriber submits personal information for a specific purpose using the Site, the information provided shall be used for that purpose only, unless the Subscriber consents otherwise or as required by law. The Subscriber further acknowledges that personal information submitted to myHome on the Site may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed in another country, which may not provide privacy protections similar to those the Subscriber’s country provides.
The Subscriber understands that myHome will communicate with the Subscriber via email to continually update him of current offerings of the PLDT Group. Thus, the Subscriber should expect to receive regular emails from myHome, which emails shall include replies to e-mail messages sent by the Subscriber, confirmation of product or service orders placed online and to engage in other communication authorized by the Subscriber or that which myHome has determined as necessary to more effectively provide Services to its Subscribers. The Subscriber may, at any time, choose to unsubscribe from myHome’s mailing list.
- Use of Information
- myHome shall use the information to customize and tailor the Subscriber’s experience on the Site, in emails, and in other communications.
- In many cases, the Subscriber may choose the amount of information it will supply to myHome. There may be instances, however, where myHome will require the Subscriber to provide certain information, and in such cases, where the Subscriber refuses to provide such mandatory personal information, myHome may refuse to provide the Service requested.
- The information which myHome has in its records may be used by it to protect its customers, employees, or property. In some cases, it may be necessary to provide this information to the government or third parties who make a lawful demand for it.
- myHome reserves the right to share the information obtained with other members of the Group of Companies (“PLDT Group”) to equip the PLDT Group with a better understanding of its customers’ product and service needs, and to learn how to best design, develop, and package products and services to meet those needs.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- myHome may share the non-personal, aggregated information with its customers, partners, and their third parties. Aggregated information is not linked to any Personal Information.
- In order to deliver the Services required by the Subscriber, myHome may be required to disclose the Subscriber’s personal information with its affiliates and/or business partners or to organizations outside of myHome. myHome guarantees that the Subscriber’s personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation the provision of Services. These organizations may carry out customer inquiries, mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions, information technology services, installation, maintenance and repair services, marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services, market research, and website usage analysis.
- Unless myHome is able to obtain the Subscriber’s permission or the disclosure is required by law, myHome shall only share the Personal Information provided by the Subscriber through the Site with its affiliates and business partners or to third-party organizations engaged by myHome to act in its behalf. myHome reserves the right to disclose customer information to the extent authorized by government statutes.
- myHome reserves the right to disclose the Subscriber’s personal information to its authorized representatives or legal advisers (if requested in writing), credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies, credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing), myHome’s dealers, related companies, professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers, government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law, and organizations who manage myHome’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of myHome’s assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing myHome’s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitization), and collection agencies when customers do not pay their bills.
- The Personal Information collected is stored on a secure, password-protected server, and only authorized personnel shall have access to the Subscriber’s Personal Information. myHome uses industry-standard encryption technologies with respect to the receipt and transfer of the Subscriber’s Personal Information submitted through the Site.
- Owing to the nature of the internet, myHome cannot guarantee and has no control over the public or third party network through which the Subscriber sends its Personal Information to myHome’s Site.
- myHome requires employees to keep customer information confidential and myHome employees shall be held accountable for their actions.
- Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, myHome shall never collect nor shall it maintain information on the Site from those below the age of eighteen (18), provided that myHome is aware of the user’s age. myHome shall not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children.
- No part of the Site is structured to attract anyone under 18 and is intended for a general audience.
The Site provides hyperlinks which, when clicked, will either redirect the user to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or to other Web sites not controlled by myHome. These websites may contain privacy provisions that are different or inconsistent from those provided herein and myHome shall not be responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected through these third-party web sites, and myHome expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
myHome shall honor requests from the Subscriber to correct or amend its account information. To protect the Subscriber’s privacy and security, myHome shall take reasonable steps to verify the Subscriber’s identity before granting access to the Personal Information to be modified or corrected.