Why we collect your personal information
If you are a customer of a PLDT Group Company or Subsidiary, we collect and maintain some basic information about
you. We do so only for the following purposes:
- To create and nurture a relationship with you, so that we can continuously provide you with our services. For
example, when you apply for any of our services, we collect personal information about you that will allow
us to validate your identity and credit history for purposes of billing and collection of fees for the products
and services that you avail from us.
- To improve our products and services. We collect, use, process, and analyze how you use our products and services
so that we can understand how to improve them for your benefit.
- To understand your needs and preferences so that we can serve you better. Maintaining a record of the products
and services that you avail from us allows us to gain a better insight of the kinds of offers that would
be relevant to your preferences. From time to time, we may send you product recommendations and special offers
that we think will interest you.
- To continuously improve our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our network and
facilities to help us manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security
of the network, train our staff, and plan for future growth.
- To assist the Government. We generate statistical insights based on your usage of our network and facilities
to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster management, and other similar initiatives.
When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual.
[Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means
removing personally identifiable information from the data].
- To comply with the Credit Information System Act. We run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but
not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. We perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required
under pertinent laws, rules, or regulations.
Where we get these information
There are several ways we collect information.
Information that you personally give us.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information
- Apply for our services by filling out Application Forms, Subscription Agreements, and other similar or related
documents through any of our available channels (online, in our stores, or through our Sales representatives);
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys;
- Become our Partner, Vendor, Contractor or Supplier; and/or
- When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products and services, like when you:
- Use our network, facilities and services - whether it is Mobile, Fixed, Home, Enterprise, or any of our other
products, services, and channels;
- Pay your bills or purchase add-on products and services;
- Use our apps, websites, and self-service channels and portals;
- Join our promos, prize raffles, or rewards & loyalty programs.
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public
documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and from other sources which you have
given separate consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
When we disclose personal information
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose or share some of the information that
you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential
basis, and always subject to the applicable rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act.
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside of the PLDT Group of Companies
except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for, and as noted in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates,
partners and other third party agencies as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products
and services. This means we might share your information with:
Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business
partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products
and services. For example: our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our pre- and
post-sales hotline operations;
PLDT Group Companies, Subsidiaries, and Affiliates; This includes:
- Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. (Sun Cellular)
- Voyager Innovations, Inc.
- Cignal TV
- FINTQNOLOGIES CORP.
- PayMaya Philippines, Inc. (formerly Smart eMoney, Inc.)
- Smart Bro Inc.
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, law enforcement and government agencies; and
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information.
How we protect your personal information
The integrity, confidentiality and security of your information are important to us. That’s why we strictly
security measures that are designed to protect your information from destruction, unauthorized access, alteration,
disclosure, fraudulent misuse and/or any other unlawful processing, as well as other natural and human dangers.
We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We keep your information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information
was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes,
or as provided by law;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who handle your information
with strict confidentiality.
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your
data is always protected;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under
the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
The PLDT Group of Companies will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than
those identified in this Commitment, your Service Agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that
you may have given your consent for.
For greater clarity, unless you provide specific consent, we will not:
- Share your personal information with or sell it to our business partners and third-party service providers; or
- Use your personal information to enable third-party targeted advertisements.
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act. We would like to ensure
that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes
that we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw
your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time:
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information
we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with the PLDT Group
Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting
documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
PLDT Group Data Privacy Office;
Ramon Cojuangco Building, Makati Avenue, Makati City 1200 Philippines
PLDT Home Data Privacy Officer
Ramon Cojuangco Building, Makati Avenue, Makati City 1200 Philippines
What happens when there are changes in our Policy
regulations, to comply with government and regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies and protocols,
to align with industry practices, or for other legitimate purposes.
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will
ensure to obtain your updated consent.