By using LIONSGATE PLAY Subscription Service (“LIONSGATE PLAY Subscription” or the “Service”) via broadband postpaid subscription plans of PLDT Inc. (“PLDT” or “we”), you, as the PLDT Home subscriber (“You” or “PLDT LIONSGATE PLAY Subscription Customer”), hereby agree to the following:
- The Service is a video on demand (“VOD”) service called Lionsgate Play owned by LIONS GATE PLAY LLP or its affiliates, made available to eligible subscribers as determined by PLDT, with compatible devices, where services include access to television shows and/or other content via the Internet, including associated websites, interfaces, features, functions and content.
- You may avail of Lionsgate Play as an add-on subscription to your existing PLDT
broadband plan for an additional monthly service fee (“MSF”) in the amount of Seventy Nine Pesos (PHP 79.00) per month. The Service is open to all new and existing PLDT Home postpaid broadband subscribers (wired and wireless), which shall include but are not limited to subscribers of Fibr Plus plans, Asenso Fibr plans, and employee plans. The Service is not available to landline only PLDT subscribers.
- The access and use of the Service is subject to these terms and conditions and all applicable terms and conditions of the Service by LIONS GATE PLAY LLP. By availing of the Service, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions of PLDT for the use of this Service and the terms and conditions of the Service by LIONS GATE PLAY LLP. You further agree that your access and use of the Service may be subject to such further terms and conditions as may be imposed by PLDT or LIONS GATE PLAY LLP from time to time.
- The use of this Service is limited to one Lionsgate Play subscription per PLDT account only.
- If you do not cancel your subscription to the Service in accordance with the steps set out in paragraph 4 below, your subscription will be automatically renewed on a monthly basis and you will be charged with the applicable monthly subscription fee for the succeeding billing period.
- The number of streaming devices can be up to three (3) app devices (including one (1) TV only) and 1 PC at the same time.
- For more details about Lionsgate Play, please visit https://lionsgateplay.com/en/termsandconditions
- PLDT does not provide the products and/or services available via Lionsgate Play and therefore, does not provide any representations and warranties regarding the Service. The Subscriber acknowledges and accepts that he/she accesses and uses the Service at his/her own risk. PLDT is not responsible for and does not guarantee the functionality, availability or continuity of the Service at any time. PLDT shall not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Subscriber that may arise by reason of or in connection with the provision of the Service or the access or use of the Service by the Subscriber.
- The Service will still be accessible even if PLDT account is categorized or provided Notice of Disconnection or under Call Restriction and access will still be continued until end date of the current subscription.
- If a temporarily disconnected PLDT account is permanently disconnected, the Lionsgate Play subscription will automatically be cancelled.
- You may cancel your subscription to the Service through Lionsgate Play “Subscription” page on www.lionsgateplay.com. For the avoidance of doubt, PLDT will still be the party to communicate the termination of the Service and the billing for your subscription to the Service to you.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time, provided that you do so at least 24 hours before (i) the next billing date of your Lionsgate Play subscription to your PLDT account, as applicable, to avoid being charged the subscription fee of the Lionsgate Play service for the subsequent period(s). When you opt to cancel in the middle of the subscription, no refund will be processed and usage of the Service is still allowed until the end date of the current subscription / billing cycle.
- After you have successfully cancelled your subscription to the Service, you will receive a notification that your Service has been cancelled from your account.
- You may call 171 for any aftersales concerns
- If your subscription to the Service is cancelled, you may re-apply for a subscription using your Lionsgate Play account via the “myHome” tab/page.
- Use of the Service
In accessing and using Lionsgate Play with the PLDT Service, we require that you comply with the current bandwidth, data storage, and other limitations of the PLDT Service by ensuring that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade our services nor represent an unusually large burden on the PLDT network.
The PLDT Service we have provided you is designed for your exclusive and personal use only. We require that you do not run a server on your home network, connect more than the agreed number of terminals, or provide network services to others via this Service.
We support and promote good citizenship within the internet community and will respond appropriately in the event that we become aware of any inappropriate use of our Service. We have the right to monitor bandwidth, usage and from time to time operate the PLDT Service to identify violations of the Acceptable Use Policy (https://pldthome.com/pldt-home-acceptable-use-policy) or any inappropriate use of our Service and/or to protect the PLDT network and other customers in our network.
If our Services are used in a way which would be considered inappropriate (any activity that is contrary to morals and public policy or which violates any ordinance, law, decree, order, regulation or treaty), we will take action as we deem necessary, including but not limited to the temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of internet transactions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any of the PLDT data services, without incurring any liability or damages, subject to all applicable laws and/or pursuant to or consistent with orders, regulations or issuances by a competent authority.
You also agree not to resell or to make any commercial use of the PLDT Service, without the prior written consent of PLDT. Our Services must not be utilized in bypassing or in activity/ies that tend to bypass the Public Subscriber Telephone Network (“PSTN”) of PLDT or be used in prohibited service like callback, dial back, unauthorized audio text, International and National Simple Resale (“ISR/NSR”) and other similar services (the “Unauthorized Activities”). You also agree not to use our Services for any activity that is contrary to morals and public policy or which violates any ordinance, law, decree, order, regulation, or treaty.
Likewise, you may not use the PLDT Service other than for residential and household purposes. PLDT will not be responsible for any loss of revenues or financial profit arising from your commercial use of the PLDT Service.
The use of the PLDT broadband service is available via https://pldthome.com/terms- and-conditions.
PLDT, Inc. (“PLDT”) respects your fundamental right to privacy and we commit to take great care in safeguarding your personal data. In compliance with the Data Privacy Act, we share with you the principles that govern how your personal data will be collected, processed, and shared as you charge your Lionsgate Play subscription to your PLDT Home account.
Why we collect and process your personal data
- Account Validation. PLDT will first check if your account is qualified to be charged based on a set of criteria. If your account is cleared to be charged, PLDT will re-verify your intent to subscribe to Lionsgate Play by sending you a One-Time Pin (“OTP”) through the mobile number on record of your PLDT Home account.
Once you pass the OTP challenge, you will need to provide an email address that will serve as your username in Lionsgate Play. In turn, Lions Gate Play LLP (“LIONSGATE”) will send you a temporary password via SMS, which you can use to access your Lionsgate Play subscription.
- Charging. PLDT will process your PLDT Home account name and account number so that we may correctly charge the Lionsgate Play subscription fees to your PLDT Home account. Your Lionsgate Play subscription will be automatically renewed and billed monthly unless you cancel your subscription through any of the following ways:
Note that your Lionsgate Play subscription may be cancelled in the event your PLDT Home account is permanently disconnected due to non-payment of your monthly PLDT Home statement of account.
- By calling 171;
- By visiting a PLDT Sales & Service Center; or
- Through the Lionsgate Play mobile application or website.
If you do not wish to charge your Lionsgate Play subscription to your PLDT Home account, you have the option to use other modes of payment such as credit/debit cards and e-Wallets. Depending on the payment method that you choose to make your purchase, you may be required by our third-party payment gateway partners to submit additional information, such as your credit/debit card details, or your account number/ log-in credentials to pay using your e-Wallet.
- Service Updates. PLDT will process the mobile number on record of your PLDT Home account to send your important updates and announcments relating to your subscription to Lionsgate Play.
Why your personal data is shared
For PLDT and LIONSGATE to charge you correctly, PLDT will generate a unique identifier that will be used to represent your PLDT Home account for both parties. If there are changes in your Lionsgate Play subscription, both PLDT and LIONSGATE will use this unique identifier to recognize and implement these changes.
When your personal data is shared with LIONSGATE, we ensure that it is done on a confidential basis, through secured channels, and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. Your personal data will only be accessed by personnel on a need-to-know basis.
How your personal data is protected
The integrity, confidentiality, and security of your personal data is important to us. This is why we strictly enforce this Privacy Notice within PLDT and have implemented technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized or fraudulent access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, and other unlawful activities. Your data is also protected from other natural and human dangers. Our service providers must likewise comply with our technical, organizational, and/or physical security requirements, as may be applicable.
PLDT will process and retain your personal data for as long as necessary, (a) to activate and maintain the charges to your PLDT Home account for your Lionsgate Play subscription, (b) for our legitimate business purposes, (c) to comply with applicable laws, and (d) for a maximum retention period of twelve (12) years from the permanent disconnection of your PLDT Home account.
Your rights and choices
The Data Privacy Act gives you certain rights to your personal data. Subject to exceptions under the law, you are entitled to request:
- Access to the personal data we process about you;
- Rectification of your personal data if it is found to be outdated, inaccurate, or incomplete;
- Erasure of your personal data in cases where it is no longer needed to achieve the legitimate purpose of its processing;
- Restriction of processing of your personal data in limited circumstances;
- Portability of your personal data so that you may receive a copy thereof or that we transmit the same to another company on your behalf.
Depending on the circumstances, such as when we process your personal data based on your consent, you may also have the right to object to the processing thereof. If you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage you to contact PLDT Home’s Data Privacy Officer to seek resolution of your complaint. You also have the right to go directly to the National Privacy Commission or to make a claim against PLDT before a competent court.
To exercise any of your rights, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through:
PLDT Data Privacy Office
Ramon Cojuangco Building, Makati Ave, Legazpi Village, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila